Yes, you can download the BirdsEye content to your mobile device so it is available event when you are out of cell range or without internet. Once you've downloaded, all of the content is included in the BirdsEye app itself.
There are a couple ways you can download content for offline use:
1) Under your BirdsEye Settings there is a "Download for Offline" menu. Once selected you'll see several choices that allow you to download all content or just audio, just images, or just the thumbnails. This option lets you download content from all the BirdsEye memberships that you subscribe to.
2) If you want information from just a single membership package, just select an individual region or sound package from the "Memberships and Audio Guides" section of BirdsEye. Select the button that shows the file size, on the bottom right of the page, to see options:
A couple of things to keep in mind when downloading for offline use:
- keep the app running in the foreground and make sure your phone doesn't go to sleep. Putting the app in the background or having your phone go into sleep mode will likely cause a break in the download.
- be sure you have a strong wi-fi connection. Once you do have the content downloaded, you can view photos, hear sounds, and read the descriptive text while offline.
- if you've tried downloading for offline uses and are getting errors after more than one attempt, it's best to clear out any old offline data. Go to your BirdsEye home menu, select "Settings and Help", then select "Clear Offline Data" and follow the menu items.
We also have a brief video that you may want to watch for more information on downloading. Please note: the video is a couple of updates old, so the menus are slightly different than what you will now see in the latest version of BirdsEye. Using BirdsEye Offline.