We focus on the relatively small number of moderately to very serious birders who want instant access to bird sightings around the globe. However, even our love for this project and the relatively small amount of money we bring in from app sales are not enough to support ongoing upgrades and improvements to BirdsEye. Most of our budget comes from donations and other forms of support from users.
BirdsEye memberships allow you to the support the BirdsEye project and future development of the app, while also gaining access to the more advanced features in the app.
How to become a BirdsEye Member:
- From the BirdsEye home screen, tap on the Store menu item. On this screen, you can select the regional or world membership you are interested in. The first monthly payment will be charged to your iTunes/Google Play Account at the time you confirm your purchase.
- Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of each monthly renewal period.
iOS: You can manage your subscription through your iTunes Account Settings accessed through the "Manage your Membership" link on the Membership screen.
Android: Your membership can be managed through the Play Store, by searching for BirdsEye.
What do you get for your membership?
In addition to helping us keep the doors open and the lights on, you will be able to take advantage of several premium features in BirdsEye.
Premium Features for BirdsEye Members:
- Up to 25 checklists for Notable and Rare species (vs 3 for non-members)
- Search for Notables up to 100 & 250 miles from current location (vs up to 50 miles for non-members)
- Unlimited Favorite Locations (vs 5 for non-members) *iOS only
- Sort species by those expected to be around during the current month, not just those recently reported. *iOS only
- Set the app to a regional life or year list (World only for non-members).
If you are able to become a member your additional support is greatly appreciated!